10 Things you didn’t know about working in a young startup
It has been few days since we were talking about our Hugo’s last day as an intern in Kinov . Hugo is our first intern as the right-hand man of the cofounder : David Le Louarn. After 6 months of hard work in an atmosphere of joy and good humour. And he left a good surprise that we are happy to share with you. Here are the lessons learned as a #1 intern in a young startup such as kinov !
« after 6 months of internship at kinov, my time has come to an end. Since i joined Kinov at the very start of the business, i have seen the growth of Kinov and i learned some lessons that i would like to share «
- Failing is not Taboo, It is even a great way to restart
- Reiterate : the favorite word of the CEO to let you know your v1 needs A looot of work !
- Fund raising : an endless and tedious process that may or may not lead to a more or less fair shareholder agreement
- L’UI/UX is basics. Yes it is ! It’s also the ultimate obsession of the CEO of a web platform (« i like the blue #0068F more than the #0064F, it is more welcoming and it is more in the company spirit »…)
- Modales, feeds, tags, growth hacking, bizdev, empowerment, disruption, traction, scalable, mockup, sourcing, responsive, etc. Well all these barbaric words are now part of your daily vocabulary
- I almost forgot : There are also acronyms and anglicisms : SEO, CRM, VC, GAFA, CM, URL, MOOC, B2B, B2C, B2B2C…well you get it !
- After i had used the word openbar during my school years, i have now learned the words open innovation, open data, open source, open funding, open law istand too many oders to list.
- The is no such thing as a small saving (even on coffee quality…)
- « Dans la Vallée » – In the valley- isn’t only Manau’s corny song but the Mecca for startups : The Sillicon Valley. Also the term cookies is not meant only for my mama’s cakes sadly
Nevertheless being part of the very start of a startup is a great and unforgettable experience.
The Kinov Team 😉